Forever is a heartbeat away . . .
Kerris Moreton knows how to make things work. Bounced from foster home to foster home as a kid, she adapted; when opportunity arose, she thrived. Now, about to open her own business and accept a marriage proposal, Kerris is ready to build the life she's always wanted. The only thing missing? A passionate connection with her would-be fiancé, Cam. Kerris wants to believe that sparks are overrated-until Walsh Bennett lights her up like the Fourth of July.
. . . but what about love?
As one of the East Coast's most eligible bachelors, Walsh enjoys financial independence, fulfilling work with his family's nonprofit, and plenty of female attention. But lately he's been distracted by the one woman he can't have. Lovely to look at and even sweeter to know, Kerris is the soul mate Walsh never thought he would find. The problem is, his best friend found her first . . .
In case you haven't noticed, we have a fairly large crush on Kennedy Ryan and her book: WHEN YOU ARE MINE. Have you read it? If not grab it here: Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Goodreads
We asked Kennedy to take a quick time out from edits and writing to share some fun facts:
10 Facts about WHEN YOU ARE MINE :
1. Kerris just graduated from college and is opening her own vintage clothing shop with her best friend Meredith.
2. Walsh is very involved in his family’s charitable foundation, which serves orphans/foster children.
3. Kerris & Cam both came grew up in the foster care system.
4. Cam is an incredibly gifted artist.
5. In addition to his efforts with his family’s foundation, Walsh is training to take over his father’s New York-based acquisitions empire Bennett Enterprises one day.
6. Walsh and Cam met and became best friends as adolescents through the Walsh Foundation’s summer camp for kids in the foster care system.
7. Walsh and Cam are closest to Walsh’s cousin Jo, who was basically raised by Walsh’s mother when her own mother died.
8. When Walsh & Kerris first meet, neither realizes he is Cam’s best friend and she is his girlfriend because Walsh hasn’t been home in months.
9. Most of the book takes place in the fictional small town of Rivermont, North Carolina, inspired by long summer evenings at the Chattahoochee River with my own son.
10. WHEN YOU ARE MINE & LOVING YOU ALWAYS (book 2) were originally one BEHOMETH 600-page+ novel, now split into two books. A la book 1 cliffhanger! J
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT KENNEDY RYAN:
- I talk to myself. A lot. I act out most of my dialogue before I write it, which often has me yelling and crying in the car. I get strange looks…
- My first date with my husband was when we registered for our wedding. We had never had an official date until after we were engaged! We wrote letters to one another. (And, yes, email existed at the time! LOL) Hubby still has all my letters. Don’t ask where his are…
- I was once in 2 car accidents in one day. Yeah, that happened…
- I am a featured background vocalist on two albums.
- I once appeared on the Montel Williams Show. (Not a baby daddy episode! Talking about the effects of Autism)
Thanks so much for taking some time to play with us, Kennedy!
ABOUT KENNEDY RYAN
Kennedy Ryan grew up in North Carolina, but loves living in Atlanta with her husband (tall – check, dark – check – handsome – check), and her handful of a son. Though she knew, like writers often do, that she was supposed to tell stories, the road to fulfillment has been paved with “some of everything” jobs that kept her family eating and living indoors. With her degree in Journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Go Tar Heels!), she has focused on writing for non-profit organizations and even doing some non-fiction ghost writing. Only in the last few years did she start telling stories again.
In addition to being a devoted wife and mom, she’s also a passionate advocate for families living with Autism. Her son was diagnosed at the age of two, and she has made it her mission to help as many families as possible find the resources and services they need. 25% of her royalties will go toward her national charitable partner Talk About Curing Autism and Myles-A-Part, her foundation serving Georgia families.