Power. Money. Control. Love.
He has all but one.
When movie star, Evan Carlson, discovers his girlfriend’s picture with another man splashed on the cover of gossip magazines, he decides he’s had enough of his fishbowl life and attempts to outrun the media frenzy his relationships have become. Driving until the road stops, he ends up on the remote and quaint Perry Island, where a heartthrob can blend in like the locals and be a beach bum as long as he wants. All that changes when Evan meets Haven Owen, aspiring songwriter and the girl he just can’t get enough of. A summer romance turns into something much deeper and Evan gets tangled in his own web of lies to keep Haven in his life. But when his ex tracks him down, Evan learns there are some things you just can’t outrun.
Is the cost of love, losing all control?
T.A. Foster's Top 10 List
By now you probably know I grew up on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I spent my summers on the beach or a boat. There’s a reason I write so much about the water—it’s a part of my childhood and a part of who I am. It makes sense that somehow that loves comes through in my characters or in the setting. In honor of the hot summer that is upon us, good beach reads, and our vacation getaway dreams, here is my top ten favorite beach list (in no particular order).
1. Ocracoke Island, NC The beaches stretch for miles with no sign of buildings or boardwalks. It’s pure sand and ocean bliss. (Also, the inspiration for Perry Island in Finding Haven.)
2. Coquina Beach, NC I love this beach for shell seeking. It’s one of those beach spots where you can sit all day and watch fishing boats cruise past, fill up your bucket with treasures, and sink your toes in the sand.
3. Cape Lookout, NC It’s a little harder to access Cape Lookout than some of the other beaches. You have to go by boat or passenger ferry, but it’s worth it! Beautiful blue water, the lighthouse, and marsh ponies in the distance await. Look for this beach to appear in one of my upcoming releases.
4. Kaanapali Beach Maui, HI I honeymooned in Maui so maybe that’s why I fell in love with this beach. It’s absolutely enchanting whether you’re having a private dinner, snorkeling, or spending the day in a cabana. It’s hard to find a more romantic beach than this.
5. South Padre Island, TX You might know Kissing Eden took place in SPI and I love it for how it combines everything Texas with everything beachy. There are great bars, restaurants, and remote beaches if you’re looking for spots away from the big crowds.
6. St. Augustine Beach, FL This is one of the pretties beaches with flat white sand and the most unique shell collections.
7. Holden Beach, NC My favorite college couple London and Beau from London Falling went to HB for spring break. It’s a great summer getaway with the Intracoastal Waterway on one side and the ocean on the other.
8. Hilton Head Island, SC My friends and I did a girls’ weekend at HH and had the best time. The resorts, beaches, and restaurants are awesome. Everywhere you drive is gorgeous. I’m planning another trip!
9. Coronado Island, CA My husband and I love the Hotel del Coronado and spent a lot of time at the hotel’s beach when we lived in San Diego. The sunsets are absolutely amazing!
10. Emerald Isle, NC The water is a perfect blue-green every day of the summer and you’ll love the southern sunset.
What are your favorite summer spots?
About the Author
T.A. Foster is a Southern girl whose heart and spirit are connected to the beach. She grew up catching rays and chasing waves along the North Carolina Outer Banks and now resides in the state with her adventurous pilot husband, two children and two canine kiddos.
Her long love affair with books started at an early age and as soon as she was able, she transformed imaginative stories into words on paper. T.A. has an undergraduate degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a graduate degree in Educational Psychology from Texas A&M University. When she’s not chasing her two-legged and four-legged children or trying to escape for date night, you can find her reading, writing or planning her next beach trip.
a Rafflecopter giveaway